We up and vanished for a couple of weeks. But never fear. Gotham Tonight is back with our recap of the mid season finale!
- What’s new in the world of Batman? Pretty big news. Frank Miller is working with Scott Snyder on Dark Knight 3. That’s HUGE!
- The mid season finale phenomenon. When did this become a thing?
What We Liked:
- Go Alfred! We’d say this is Alfred’s coming out party. Highlights include (but not limited to):
- Alfred holds his own against a crew of assassins.
- He calls Jim Gordon a plank. How British!
- Al sweet talks Fish Mooney.
- Finally shows a bit of affection towards Bruce (and Selina to boot).
- Bruce out in the big bad world.
- Bruce chasing Selina across the rooftops. Nice piece of foreshadowing.
- A funny scene with Ivy that actually made sense.
- Pack your bags, we’re heading to Arkham!
What Didn’t Work:
- Very little to complain about for a change. However, this wouldn’t be Gotham Tonight if we didn’t find something we didn’t like.
- Lovecraft scenes were a throw away. Is his death is part of a bigger conspiracy? Wake us when you find out. Yawn.
- If the Mayor “works” for Falcone, why does he reassign Jim to Arkham? To make it easier for Jim to unravel the mob’s secret plans we guess.