chocolate, cream cheese, desert, food, Food, geek, Geek, no bake, oreo, pudding, recipe, sweet, treat, Uncategorized, whipped cream
Just a little desert I have been thinking about lately. I used to make this for my birthday every year until I got married. I have had it on my mind lately and thought I would share. I think it is a great geek desert since it has geek favorites all put together like pudding and Oreos.
|1 Pkg.||Oreo cookies|
|*1/3 cup||Melted butter (Optional)|
|1 (8oz) pkg||Cream cheese, softened|
|8 oz||Cool Whip, thawed|
|2||Pkgs chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling|
|3 1/2 cups||Cold milk|
1. Using a blender or if you don’t have one a heavy object and a zipper baggy will do nicely crumble up the package of Oreos
2. Combine Oreo cookie crumbles. Press firmly into bottom of 13×9 inch pan.
*Note if you want to do it the easy way you can buy the pre crushed Oreo crumbs. If you use that then you simply spread the crumbs evenly on the bottom and use the melted butter to bind it.
3. Beat cream cheese with sugar and 2 tbsp of milk until smooth. Fold in half the whipped topping. Spread over crust. Be careful not to pull up crust while spreading.
4. Using 3 1/2 cups cold milk, prepare pudding as directed on package. Pour over cream cheese layer. Chill several hours or overnight. 2 hours is enough time if you cannot wait.
*note* I know that 2 pkgs of pudding would normally call for 4 cups milk but for this you want the pudding a little richer and a little thicker.
5. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding. Garnish with grated chocolate or chopped nuts, if desired. I just spread on some extra Oreo crumbles
Let chill in refrigerator for two hours for optimal awesomeness! If you haven’t tried it yet then I hope you like it.
Thank you for reading,
Damn that sounds tasty!